Sir Chester

Sir Chester
Sir Chester

Saturday, May 8, 2010

What is Your Definition of Yarn?

Yarn. Is it that string of fuzzy stuff you use to knit or crochet? or is it a story, a tall tale? The Squigglefly challenge this week was to make a bookmark using one of their digis. I love their cat images. (Sir Chester does too!) This is a very simple bookmark using plain yellow cardstock from Recollections. It was on sale this week at Michael's. I colored the kitty using copic markers. After printing out the phrase for the play on words I added a border strip of gold Dazzles. Some dark teal ribbon through the hole punch and it was complete. I would like to make more bookmarks, but personally prefer the ones with magnets. Sometime kitties (I wonder who) like to play with ribbon as much as yarn and remove bookmarks from my books. No ribbon + magnets would make the temptation go away.

3 comments:

TOOTSIE said...

Adorable!

Lori said...

Aw Mary this is so cute, hope you're having a great weekend!

Holly Young said...

So cute - and your sentiment is so clever!