Sir Chester

Sir Chester
Sir Chester

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Challenge and Challenge

This week's Paper Cutz Challenge is to use buttons and ribbon or hemp or flax... I chose this Phindy's Place image. One of my favorites.
Then I saw the ribbon in my stash and colored the image using the colors from the ribbon. Found some buttons and paper flowers that were close in color, some clear crystals and a gold metal embellishment. Inside it simply says "Happy Birthday"


 This card is for a friend who is facing the challenge (& delights) of retirement. Linda is retiring after 40 years in education. Most recently she has been the elementary counselor. She is also a card maker but tells me she has no time to make more than a couple of cards a month. Well - YTTC: Linda it is Your Time To Craft!
I used a Phindy image that I just love - Mrs. Comfy scrapbooking. I made the card out of yellow cardstock and used a scrap of green gingham paper under the image. The tea bag folded flower has 4 HOTP patterned papers. I secured it with a glittery teal brad. The YTTC is cut from turquoise vinyl using the Cricut Expression cartridge Life is a Beach. So Linda..... this summer......cropping together!

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Both of these cards are adorable. Keep on crafting! :)

Helen Dooley said...

Great cards! Phindy had such fun images and you did them well.

Unknown said...

Great cards!
Sari