Sir Chester

Sir Chester
Sir Chester

Monday, May 31, 2010

Beach Card

This has been a very productive (papercrafting-wise) 3-day weekend. I have completed 10 cards. Some have been posted here over the last couple of days and a three are held back. Two are DT assignments that you will see later in the week. The last is a card that fits a current challenge, I'm just not happy with it yet.

This card got revised along the way. It is for Stampin with the Dragon Challenge. The theme is summer. I immediately thought of this Doodle Dragon image of the four beach friends. I then masked it and added the Sew Many Cards image of the larger sand castle. I think they work well together. It seemed like the perfect card to use as an invitation to a reunion of friends or maybe a card to someone who couldn't attend the reunion. The background paper is SEI. The large blue brad and the gold Dazzles came from Paper Wishes

Someone recently left a comment that my cards are eclectic. I'm glad they feel that way. I would hate to start making cookie cutter cards. While I usually use a digital image on my cards, I have a selection from at least a dozen artists. I have used more than one image before and now that I know how to mask it is even easier to combine. I have been making some tea bag flowers and Cricut flowers in addition to purchased ones. I have a large inventory of ribbons and brads and eyelets and crystals, etc. Sooooo If you ever see me getting into a rut and churning out the same card over and over - Tell Me Please!

4 comments:

Cec said...

I already thought I was a follower but turns out no so I am now. Guess old age is really affecting me:) You sure had a productive weekend and this is one cute card. You have combined the images so well and used lots of fun colours.
Hugs!
Cec

Christina said...

I am new to card making and blogging. Found you from another blog. Love your style.

Dragons Lair Designs said...

They look like they having a fantastic time on there reunion great card thank you for joining us here at the Stampin with the Dragon Challenge Blog.

Hugs Janette
Stamping Dragon

Designs

sammi said...

Cute card! Great job with the masking! Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon.