Sir Chester

Sir Chester
Sir Chester

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer Bug Watching

Ever make a card by accident? One of the DTs I serve on will be doing chalk popping in the near future and I am not good with chalk. In fact it took me a couple of days to find my chalk. So today I was practicing with it and then added an image that I had already colored (Bugaboo). I was working on a white base card so I looked in the scrap drawer and found a piece of bright paper I had used on another card recently. Cut some strips and made a two sided border and matted the image on it also. Looked in the boxes of brads and embellies and found the wire flower and the colored brads. It seemed like everything was color coordinating by itself. So I assembled it.

Now the really interesting part. I was looking on Dashboard at the recent updates to the blogs I follow and there was one from Fab 'n Funky Challenges. They have posted a summer picture for inspiration. The colors range from yellow to orange to red plus some browns and blues. My "Summer Bug Watching" card is similar in colors. So the "inspiration" came afterwards, but maybe I'm just psychic.

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a cute image! And I love the sentiment. Nice color choices, too!

andrea said...

sweet card,love the image thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Ginny said...

cute image on this fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

Anna R said...

You must be psychic Mary! LOL...what a fun card!