Sir Chester

Sir Chester
Sir Chester

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Stripes

This first card is my entry for Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge. I really like the sentiment on this card: "Friends bring sunshine and color into our lives allowing us to see the quiet beauty of everyday things." The pop up sentiment is from ki memories. The image of the roses on the wall is a McMahon Five Design colored with Copics. The ribbon was an odd color somewhere between olive green and mustard yellow. I bought it at Michael's a while ago. The three crystals are a progression from clear to light blue to bright blue. The DP is HOTP.
This is also a McMahon Five Design image. You know we are partial to kitties at Purrfect Sentiments. I printed the image twice: once on white and a second time on blue. Then I cut out the fish bowl from the blue paper and layered it onto the white. The sentiment "You must always be curious" is actually from a book of quotes for boys. I think it works better with this curious kitten. I used two blue crystals from the same pack as used on the first card.

6 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your cards are fantastic! I love the flowers. Very pretty! The cat card makes me giggle!

Miesje said...

Very nice card - I like the sentiment too. Thanks for playing at SSCC!

Sue McMahon said...

WOW! Great job on both of these, Mary! You are on a roll!

Unknown said...

Wow Mary, you made all these cards in a week, now that's impressive. Stunning work and so creative each one. Favourite would have to be the run down barn/house so rustic and I agree the striped paper is perfect.

peggysue said...

Great sets of stripes on both cards! And I agree, that first one has such a lovely sentiment. Thanks for participating this week in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge!

Anonymous said...

Mary great stripes!!!! I love both of them. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week.