Sir Chester

Sir Chester
Sir Chester

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Photo Cards

Whenever I need a peaceful photo, I go back to the file with the pictures that DH and DS took on their trips to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area outside of Ely MN. For many of the last 15 years they have traveled to the Canadian border with Boy Scouts or family & friends to spend 5-7 days enjoying nature without computers, cell phones or even fresh food. (The fresh food only lasts the first 2 days).

While many of the pictures include participants in them, there are plenty of photos of the lakes, waterfalls, etc. Even water rushing over rapids has a certain serenity.

 I have made about 30 note cards, birthday cards and even Halloween cards this weekend for Operation Write Home (OWH) which sends handmade cards to the troops since there isn't a Hallmark shop in Baghdad. That brings my total up over 50 cards. I would like to have 100 cards to donate by the June 25th. For more information check out the OWH website. 

I have used digi stamps on many of the cards. Most of those came from Sew Many Cards plus some from Phindy's Place, Prairie Fairy, Sunshine Stamps, Bugaboo and Squigglefly. Some have these beautiful photos from the Boundary Waters.  Still others rely on die cuts.


No glitter is allowed since it flakes off and could put our men/women in danger. I have used Dazzles on some cards and lot of vinyl lettering cut on the Cricut.

 Consider making and donating some cards to this worthy cause. I have found it to be a lot of fun this weekend.

REMINDER: If you haven't already signed up as a follower and/or left a comment on a post this month you only have a few days left to qualify for the drawing for the Birthday Candy. I will use random.org sometime on June 18th to choose a follower. If that follower has left a comment on a post this month then they win! If not, random.org will have to repick. Check back here on Friday to see if you are the lucky winner.

Also - I have been having trouble with Paper Craft Planet. I can read the posts, but cannot leave a comment. I'm in contact with tech support to figure it out. But.... beware. I may not be posting but I am reading!

2 comments:

Anna R said...

Mary- Those photos and cards are beautiful. What awesome cards for OWH!! Sometimes I forget that nature photos make great card fronts.

Anna R said...

LOL...about PCP...So, "Big Sister" is watching??
Hope they get that fixed soon...we miss ya.