Sir Chester

Sir Chester
Sir Chester

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Prairie Fairy Design Team Call

Prairie Fairy is having a design team call. Click on the banner at the top of the page if you are interested. Roberta is providing a free digi of this precious fairy for us to use in creating a project as part of our application.

I tried several color combinations before deciding on peach puff and mignonette for the main colors. I wanted the fairy to be nestled in the flowers so I picked the muted flowery paper from HOTP. Fairies live in the woods so I added brads of our Forest Friends. Silver Dazzles add some sparkle as does the glitter lettering. I added some Paper Glaze (Aleene) to just the fairy's flower. The rosy pink background paper is also HOTP. I originally had a different paper in mind, but of course couldn't find it. Why do things disappear just when you want them?
And then they reappear right after you choose something else and apply the adhesive. Here is the green/yellow/blue paper I originally planned on using. I colored the fairy the same as in the above card and backed her with a tone on tone green paper. Same glittery lettering but a different flower (Sticko) and a brad in the same shade of green as the background paper that says "Flower" The ribbon is filmy with thick cords of colors - the same colors in the paper and on the fairy.

Same fairy, different papers and embellishments - different effects. Which is better? I don't know. I think the first one photographed better, but the second looks nicer on my table. So I am leaving the decision up to you. I would be honored to serve on the design team for Prairie Fairy. I thoroughly enjoyed my month as a guest DT member. If I am not chosen, you can't get rid of me that easy. I'll be around. I'll be participating in the challenges. The Prairie Fairy digis are too good and too much fun to not continue playing with them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh wow these are both lovely! The soft pretty colors are beautiful!

Thanks so much for entering the Prairie Fairy DT call!

xoxoxo