Sir Chester

Sir Chester
Sir Chester

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New images at Phindy's Place

This first card was made with the freebie image from Phindy's Place when we reached 600 followers. It is such a darling image and I colored with my copics (what else?). The challenge this week is to use ribbon so I added a strip of green ribbon between the two papers. The papers are Paper Pizazz from HOTP. The flower is my first attempt at tea bag folding. Not as tight as it should be, but I mounted it on a chipboard circle to hold it together. The paper for this is also from Paper Pizazz and I added the large pink brad in the middle.
This is my 3rd entry in Phindy's challenge this week. Her message board is a family and one of the members' cat (actually her Mom's new kitten) had disappeared. When Earl returned home the board cheered and Phindy drew this adorable image. Now you may not be able to see the grey in my hair (dye does wonders) but I do sleep in a recliner with an afgan. Sir Chester likes to cuddle. I had to have this image. The paper is Paper Pizazz as usual. The LOVE lettering is Sticko. I added gold Dazzles and the same green ribbon - this time across two corners.

Check out Phindy's Challenge , if not for this week - entries are due tomorrow - but how about next week's challenge. It should be posted on Friday. In the meantime go to Phindy's store and see all the wonderful images.

8 comments:

Marlene said...

Cute cards - but I've gotta say I love that tea bag folding technique! Fantastic flower!

Philomena said...

Mary, thanks for playing along in our challenge - 3 cards, fantastic! You did a wonderful job on all of them - especially "Nana & Earl".
Phindy

Ann English said...

Aww, Mary---love them. Naturally, Nana and Earl is my fav! He's resting oh, so comfortably-so is "Nana" =) I colored up mine yesterday, too, but haven't posted yet-you're quick, lady!

Sylvia Blum said...

How cute are those! Both cards are so beautifully and affectionately done! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge and hope to see you again next week :)
{hugs} Sylvia

Anne-Marije said...

Wow Mary, 3 cards for the challenge. You did a great job!
Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place challenge.
xxx Anne-Marije

Anne said...

Oh ,these are both lovely. I do like that folded flower on the sweet teddy card but your Earl card just says it all for me, perfect colouring and such a contented card

Thanks for playing along at Phindy's Place Challenge

Hugs
Anne

Tammy said...

Great cards, Mary!! You did an awesome job!!

Thank you for joining us at Phindy's Place and hope to see you again!!!

mycardz said...

Wow, both cards are awesome! Great job!