Sir Chester

Sir Chester
Sir Chester

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mini Book


The For Fun Challenge this week is a minibook. Ever wish you had a couple picture of the kids, grandkids, pets, new house, etc? Or maybe a sample of some of your creations? Make a minibook.

Cut a strip of cardstock or heavy designer paper 10 in x 2 in and score it every inch accordian style. Then fold it. Cut 5 piece of solid colored cardstock 2 in x 3 in. These are your pages. Glue or adhere them to the
back of each binding flap. The last one you can put on the front side so 
the decorative binding shows on the outside. 

I made my minibook about my 3 grandsons (soon there will be a 4th): Max, Zerek and Mason. I selected some photos and printed them out in index size (20 photos to an 8 1/2 by 11 photo paper sheet).

I choose a patterned cardstock for the binding and solids for the inside pages. The solid cardstock was different colors front/back. One side is a
cinnamon color and the other is a yellow-cream. One photo fit on each page. You can add some rubber stamping, Dazzles or other flat embellishments before or after mounting the photos. 

Thinking ahead these would be good stocking stuffers for Grandparents or great-grandparents.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

great idea Mary, I never have one place that I put all the photos of my grandchildren. I think I need to make one of these.
*hugs*

Tracey said...

You did a great job with the little book Mary! Love the photos :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely little book, Mary. Love the patterned binding and the photos on the solid colour pages looks great.
Amelia x

Lisa said...

Adorable idea for your book, Mary. With a granddaughter on the way...I will have to keep this in mind!

Pauline said...

Love this! Such a delightful way to carry photos wherever you go.... and to have on display at home... I love the colours!
hugs
Pauline

CraftinGranny said...

Super brag book Mary! You sure have some adorable grandchildren. Good idea on the stocking stuffer, I'll try to remember that.
"Hugs" Carol