Sir Chester

Sir Chester
Sir Chester

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Americana

The theme for the Paper Cutz Challenge this week is "4th of July". I took a little different approach on this one, rather than the usual fireworks and flag.
The image I chose is from Digi Doodle. Quilts represent Americana at its most creative mode. I kept the traditional colors of red, white and blue for patriotism. The sentiment reads :the only way to have a friend is to be one." This is my philosophical self at 3:39 a.m. The U.S. as a country must be a friend to other countries if .... you get the idea. If you want to get into symbolism then the gold Dazzle stripes and the crystals represent the material wealth of our country (instead of just cool embellishment). I guess what I'm saying is, I made this card not knowing where I was going to use it, but really liked the image. So you are the lucky people that get to see it!

No comments: