Sir Chester

Sir Chester
Sir Chester

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Keeping it simple

When I'm not paper crafting or reading my Kindle or playing with the grandsons (not necessarily in that order) I teach high school math. I was telling another teacher recently about the OWH (Operation Write Home) organization and we discussed starting a card making club at school. We also are considering a faculty/staff night once a month to make cards.

Since the students probably won't have access to a lot of supplies, I will be providing from my stash. Thus came the thought: I need some examples on how to make a very nice card without all the expensive embellishments. So here is one of my simpler examples:


Three papers (both plaids are from Paper Pizzazz), 5 brads (4 gold, one leaf) and a sentiment cut out of dark green vinyl on the Cricut. 

I hope we get a good response from the staff and from the students. Especially from the students: true crafting spirits creating quality cards. I know the talent is in the school, just have to tap it. 

No comments: